3.17.2009

Mike will be traveling to China for two weeks coming up in April. If you know anything about me, you know that I'm not fond of when he travels, and two weeks is a long time. But I can't complain because he has a great job in an economy where they are becoming far and few between, and he supports me and Asher financially and emotionally as well. I've got a good life, what can I say?

I AM envious that he has the opportunity to go to China. I've always wanted to go there, even more so since I've reconnected with an old high school friend, Sarah, that lives in Beijing. So this semi-Irish lass is feeling green with envy on this most sacred of Irish days, St. Paddy's Day.

I am sitting on our nice soft sofa while Mike is at a show - Electric Horsemen - Lancaster county's own dirty sludge. They are a great band, I wish I were there. The show is at The Stomping Ground, which isn't a club at all, but at someone's house on King Street in Lancaster. I saw them the first time at the old Rex's in West Chester, I think they played with Backwoods Payback and I'm not sure who else. Beer and time tend to cloud my memory...

So. I'm sitting here, the doodlebug is in bed and actually went down easily tonight (after a tiring day where he screamed for about three hours). I am working on a big bottle of cheap red wine, Yellowtail Shiraz, and catching up some shows. I tried watching Rock of Love on demand but the show was labeled wrong and isn't this past Sunday's show that I missed. Bummer. I was looking forward to watching trashy girls making fools of themselves. God, I love that show. I'm kind of watching CSI: Miami from last night but it isn't holding my attention.

On a completely different train of thought, I am actively pursuing information to prove that my great-great-grandmother was full Cherokee. If I can prove this through documents and genealogy then both Asher and I will be able to get our name on the rolls; technically, we will be part of the Cherokee tribe. What a beautiful legacy ... my son is the last generation that can become part of the tribe.

Now. I must drink wine and watch trash tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment